and related projects
My name is Walter Lapchynski and I make experimental music, mostly under the name of Brownian Motion. My other projects include:
- The ERNIE 4 (Jon Seven + me + x where x â‰¥ 0)
- dj xâˆƒn (I need to update that website)
- Xenound (with I.v. MARTINEZ)
- unicodec (with Jukka-Pekka Kervinen)
- thee unicode fore (Jon Seven + Jukka-Pekka Kervinen + me)
- geeimatree (with J.J. Suffron)
- necker blivet
- shades of grey on a pink field (early work)
- â€¦and one other thing I can't tell you about.
Most of my work can be found on my netlabel, Brownian e/Motion(s). That page also includes links to other releases I've done outside the netlabel. It's kind of a mess. Eventually I'm going to transition to having a separate page.
My latest release is a comp of miscellaneous tracks. Click the album art to play.
Upcoming pieces include (again, no particular order):
- a remix of The Garden by The Chestnut Tree for Active Measures "Demolition 411" remix comp
- a dj xâˆƒn megamix of Flat Affect's "Mute Verses" on SP Recordings
Future plans include (no particular order):
- a remix of c-c for .x. (due 30 May)
- collab/split with loopool (we've been talking about this for too long)
- some sort of collab with John Dunlap (again, been talking about this too long)
- a full album by Xenound
- make a collab with my daughter (as È¡ï¹ ÆŠ) tentatively called "Making doo" for the next Poverty Electronics compilation
- make a track for my own "Music to Hack To" compilation with Xenound, most likely a Travis Johnson remix
- a remix of mhzesent by Xenound
- contributing to the second installment of Zero Gravity Ballet on Ecco Hollow Art & Sound
- some sort of sampler project sort of thing with mhzesent, probably using an Arduino Uno SMB Rev3 maybe with digital locked grooves
- remix of Toxic Chicken's Improvisations In A Heatwave
not a lot of rights reserved.
tested on chromium on various flavors of ubuntu
- the graph on the logo is Weiner process 3d (that's Brownian Motion, folks) by Sullivan.t.j., licensed CC BY-SA 3.0 / GFDL
- the paper bag is Paper Bag by OCAL, licensed Public Domain
- the font is Terminal Grotesque by RaphaÃ«l Bastide, licensed CC BY